Off the Streets currently can use volunteers in all areas:
- Furniture — pick up and deliver furniture, manage inventory in storage units
- Living Needs – collect, organize, and prepare for distribution various household items (sheets, towels, small set of dishware, etc)
- Fundraising, including reaching out to area churches and businesses for support
- Speakers, spread the word in our community to other churches and charitable organizations
- Apartment Previewers, assess family needs and living space details, what will fit/parking/staircases, etc
- Furniture Previewers, evaluate donations to make sure they are appropriate for OTS needs
We particularly need people who are available during the day for furniture pickups and deliveries (preferably with pickup trucks or vans)!!
Volunteer meetings are held monthly at St John Neumann Church (601 E. Delp Road, Lancaster, PA 17601) on the 1st Thursday of the month. All volunteers are welcome. Directions here.